macProVideo.com
Forums
  • JoseAlonsoLeon
    Final Cut Express Tutorials
    Just got myself a new camcorder a Sony HDR TG3 and Final Cut Express. I was counting on MacProVideo to teach me as with other soft I use on my Mac but I only see Final Cut Pro in your offered tutorials. Are there big differences in the software? Can I learn about FCE with FCP videos? Are the commands, menus and other things close enough to use one to learn the other? Thanks for your help here
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Final Cut Express Tutorials
    Hi Jose, Welcome to the forums! Click on "Tutorials" at the top of the page and you'll see all the tutorials offered by macProVideo. Clicking on a product on the left bar, (on the home page) shows you only the tutorials for that application. There are many many tutorials we offer :-) I think the FCP 6: Core 101 tutorial would be a great tutorial to begin learning Final cut Express. Yes, there are some differences (mainly a few features that are missing in FCE) and to be honest, I'm not very familiar with FCE personally. The menu commands should all be in the same location for both app's (if it's available in FCE). Let us know if you have any further questions... Cheers Rounik
  • JoseAlonsoLeon
    Thanks Rounik, I bought the Tutorial and will check it out. Will be back most likely with question as this forum seems quite animated and friendly. Jose
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Jose, No problem. Enjoy the tutorial and definitely feel free to ask any questions here ! :-) Cheers Rounik
  • ToddTheToolManTaylor
    Final Cut Pro HD vs. Final Cut Express HD What Are The Differences Between The Two Final Cut Editing Programs? From About.com I had the same question and found the answer at About.com The highlights are: Final Cut Express DOES NOT DO THE FOLLOWING: Batch Capture Key Framing (except on motion) Color Correction Support for Adobe plug-ins Support all HD formats (HDV only) Custom mapping of keyboard Other than that they are very similar and for the price difference it is a great way to learn a very expensive program until your budget can afford to upgrade! I hope this helps =) [url]http://camcorders.about.com/od/videoediting/a/FinalCutCompare.htm[/url]
  • Jim Kanter
    FCE is a scaled down version of FCP in that it doesn't have the same range of tools. It was designed for students and advanced amateurs who are using DV or HDV only. In terms of editing, it works just the same as FCP only some of the tools in FCP are not available in FCE so the FCE menus are much simpler. The interfaces are pretty much identical (some small differences) so that you can start off in FCE and then easily move into FCP for more capability (and subsequent complexity and learning curve). You can do color correction in FCE with the 2-way color corrector. FCP also has it and adds the more sophisticated 3-way color corrector.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: