macProVideo.com
Forums
  • RobW
    Getting Video/Audio Clips from Movies
    Im new to FCE. I am trying to get clips out of rented DVDs to my machine to edit in Final Cut Express for a Class Reunion. I have tried Handbrake, but all of the file types come up with errors when I bring them in to the editor. Is Quicktime Pro easier? I am just looking for instruction on the easiest possible solution. Thanks!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Getting Video/Audio Clips from Movies
    Hi RobW, Have you tried Mac the ripper? (google it). I believe that can be used to rip video from DVD's. Of course, I cannot condone it's use for ripping video from commerical DVD's!!! That should work ok... Have you tried taking the video into iMovie? Do you still get the error messages there? Other solutions that would work easily, would be to use screen capturing software. Something like Screenflow [url]http://www.varasoftware.com/[/url] could capture scenes from a DVD well and then you can export them into FCE or iMovie. Let us know how you get on. Cheers Rounik
  • Hisham
    Re: Getting Video/Audio Clips from Movies
    Hi there Another option you may want to look at, if you have a camera, you can record the DVD on your miniDV tape in the camera ("dubbing"). Then you will a tape with the footage on and you can log & capture it like if you have filmed it directly. This is probably the best option for you that will not cost you anything and give you the flexibility to edit. Regards, Hisham
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: