macProVideo.com
Forums
  • MattB
    Export doesn't reflect added filters - help!
    Hello I'm having a lot of trouble getting my exported video to look the same as it does in the Viewer and Canvas. I can apply any number of video filter effects, but when I export my clip, it looks exactly the same as the original clip did before I did added any filters. I've tried all types of settings on export, so I'm thinking it might be a setting or something? Does anyone have any help to point me in the right direction... this is driving me absolutely crazy! Thanks in advance. Matt
  • MattB
    Re: Export doesn't reflect added filters - help!
    I've uploaded an image that might help understand the problem. This is a screenshot: [url]http://mattbangophotography.com/temp/help.jpg[/url] The clip in the Canvas is obviously much different than the exported video in the middle of the screen. Any ideas? Thanks!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi MattB, What settings are you using when exporting? i.e. filters, compression type, etc. I don't know if this will work, but have you tried rendering your project before exporting? You shouldn't need to I think. Cheers, Rounik
  • MattB
    Thanks for replying! I can add any of the number of filters and the exported video doesn't show that I have done anything, it looks exactly like the original clip. It's almost as if I didn't apply any filters. I've tried exporting as a Quicktime Movie and using Quicktime Compression with almost every setting possible haha, still doesn't matter - they all result in the same original output. I have tried rendering before exporting, but I get the same result. The video that I'm importing is .AVI straight from a Nikon D90. I've tried converting it to a .MOV but that didn't do anything. Any other ideas? Thanks again.
  • MattB
    After looking at the issue again... it almost looks like my black and white levels do not get affected. I just added a color correction to turn the entire clip green, and the green is reflected in the output, however the new contrast/black, midtone, white levels/gamma - something to do with that - is not reflected. Does FCP use any type of color profile or anything when exporting? I can beef up the contrast but it doesn't show in the export, however it looks like other types of filters DO work. My monitor is calibrated correctly, but I'm still seeing the difference in the screenshot above. Any ideas? Thanks.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Matt, So the colour correction works for the colour but not the contrast/black and white levels? Out of interest, have you tried using different filters on the clip to adjust the white levels etc? Do you have any keyframes set up by mistake to adjust these levels throughout the clip? What version of FCP and OS X exactly are you using? Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: