macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Andymuzic
    isight - QT Pro - FC Express - SLOWW Rendering
    Hi Guys Ive started using FCE but having issues with everything but photos coming us as unrendered, despite importing video direct from Quick time Pro's video capturing off my internal isight. Rendering for 17 mins of video is showing up as taking 30 mins and when I tried to export the final product it is coming up as needing an hour to complete. Considering every vid editor Ive used previews video in the timeline automatically, my mac is new, the video is native format and small res + Final Cut is considered the bee's knees in mac vid editing... Im know Im definitely missing something. Is there a format more native to FCE I can maybe export my movies from Quicktime to, to avoid the need to render and all this slow crap. I mean imovie previews vid instantly and has none of these issues exported the same sort of 17min movie in 9 mins. Help appreciated, Andy iMac 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM Final Cut Express 4 Capturing isight video via QuickTime Pro (standard save options H264 compression .mov 640x480 res)
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: isight - QT Pro - FC Express - SLOWW Rendering
    Hi Andy, Welcome to macProVideo.com AFAIK FCE won't need to render any video which is in native format. This includes DV-PAL. The iSight camera does not record in at DV-PAL size, instead it's size is 640x480. DV-PAL is 720x576. You'll need to save or convert the isight video in iMovie08 to the correct size and format so that FCE won't need to render (except for transitions). Cheers Rounik
  • Andymuzic
    Cheers or the warm welcome. So the correct size is 720x576, ok sorted. What is the correct format? Im already saving it as mov... I assume your refering to compression format? Re iMovie: Aside from the limited cooky cutter output formats of imovie its quicktime output is identical to Quicktime Pro. What would I be throwing it into imovie for? Also Im unsure what to set the easy setup to to... just PAL DV? All of the formats refer to DV. Cheers, A
  • Rounik Admin
    I don't have FCE 4 or FCS2, so this automatic rendering feature is something I'm not so familiar with in FCP5... However, you should check your sequence settings in FCE and match the output settings from iMovie to these. I would try DV-PAL from the Options... > Settings in the "Export using quicktime" window. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: