macProVideo.com
Forums
  • stonrprodukshun
    trouble capturing xl2 24p tapes using dvx100
    I have multiple tapes i must capture into my mac g5 using final cut pro 5 hd. I have tried importing the tapes which were filmed in 24p settings with a dvx100 since i do not have the xl2 that was a rental, it captures for a minute or so and then stops with a message saying there maybe a problem with the tape. Is the only solution to rent a xl2 camera again to capture this footage, or is there any other options? Please help thank you
  • Hisham
    Re: trouble capturing xl2 24p tapes using dvx100
    This sounds like a capture issue/setting. One thing you can do is first see if the tape plays without a problem in a camera (without renting it). It might be a timecode problem or a problem within dvx cpturing 24p settings. Does it stop everytime in the same spot? Fast forward and capture another segment. If the problem still exist then it is not a time-code issue but more dvx & the tape capturing. I am not familiar with dvx but see if there are settings there for your tape and 24p ...
  • Jim Kanter
    Different camcorders flag the frames differently to play back 24fps as compared to 30fps even though they usually record them at the same rate. My guess is that there's an incompatibility between the cameras for recording and playback 24p. I'd suggest borrowing or renting an XL2 to recapture the tapes.
  • Cajypiu
    Have you also checked your preferences to triple check the capture settings? Was there any stopping/ rewinding and starting when you were filming? FCP is really sensitive to breaks in timecode? You could always turn off the abort capture on time code/ drop frame break preference too to at least ingest in order to playback and assess the footage more thoroughly?
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: