macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Pedro
    FCE only captures 3 sec clips.
    Hey, I'm trying to capture video from a Panasonic PV-GS9 camcorder to FCE 4 and I can get it to recognize it as a VCR, but when I click capture now, it captures 3 sec. clips and says there has been a problem and that my tape might have some problem; I have tried it with two different tapes, so I know that's not it. what should I do?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: FCE only captures 3 sec clips.
    Hi Pedro, Have you tried all the different options from the "Capture" window? Also, are you able to capture from the PV-GS9 into iMovie? Cheers Rounik
  • Pedro
    yes I have tried all the options from the capture window and I had tried to capture it into iMovie before, but I couldn't, but I just tried again and it captured everything smoothly, but the problem is still there with FCE.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Pedro, This is strange... I suspect that you need to use a different capture setting in FCE. Something like DV-PAL should work... Otherwise, you should find the imported footage in iMovie: ~/Movies/iMovie Events/ You could simply import that into FCE. I know it's not ideal, but it's a short term workaround. What setting did you use to import the video into iMovie '08? Cheers Rounik
  • Pedro
    thanks. I'll try to import the footage from iMovie into FCE. I have no idea what setting I used in iMovie, like I said, I had tried before but it didn't work, but I thought I'd try again, just to be sure, so I connected the camera, turned it on and opened iMovie, then the capture window in iMovie automatically opened and I imported it.
  • Cajypiu
    Hi Guys, Merry New Year! Pedro, could you tell us what settings you have in your capture preferences. Sounds like you have the 'abort capture on timecode break' check box ticked. Final Cut is really sensitive to dropped frames and non continuous timecode so if you have the preferences set up to abort when anything like that occurs, you will never capture footage! DV tape, esp HDV, is notorious for dropping frames too. iMovie on the other hand, doesn't care and will import what it sees.... Which can be a good thing or a bad thing! Cheers, John
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: