macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Logic Ninja
    Rendering
    Everytime I add an effect to a clip it doesn't play it unless I render it. If I try to play it in the viewer window, to test out a effect, the video lags a lot. Is there a way I could fix it so I won't have to render it every time I test or use an new effect. Please let me know. Abhi
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Rendering
    My understanding is that you'll need to render it each time... unless you use the viewer window to preview it in real time. What version of FCE are you running & what is your Mac, speed and ram again Abhi? Cheers Rounik
  • Logic Ninja
    I tried viewing it in realtime, but the video doesn't play smoothly, it really lags a lot. I'm using Final Cut 4.0.1 and I have a macbook with a 2.16 GHz processor and 2 GB ram. Please help. Thanks, Abhi
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Abhi, It may simply be that your macbook is finding it hard to cope with the graphics side..? You need to render the clip to play it back well. Also, what format & size of video are you working with? Is it HD? Sometimes, working on HD FCP projects on my older iMac 2.16 with 2GB I need to render the clips if I don't want to see a choppy preview. Cheers Rounik
  • Logic Ninja
    Yeah the video clips that I'm working with are of 720p HD. That could be the problem. Thanks for the help Rounik. Abhi
  • Rounik Admin
    No problem Abhi! Cheers Rounik
  • Cajypiu
    Hi Guys, 720p might be the problem.... but the one thing I would suggest you look at to aid playback, is your Realtime performance settings. I've attached a screen grab of the settings you probably should be using. Safe RT is really only for broadcast to make sure you aren't dropping frames. The dynamic settings on both the video and audio just tells Final Cut that it is alright not playback at full frame/ sample rates if it means keeping it smooth and watchable. Otherwise you will have to render all the time. As Rounik says, it is advisable to render to make full critical decisions before exporting, but the Unlimited RT thing will allow you to put all kinds of effects on and still playback without necessarily having to render. Oh, and that tab is in the top left hand corner of the sequence, right next to the sequence name. Hope that helps. Cheers, j
  • Cajypiu
    hummmm... that attach file thing didn't work! Rounik!! Help. I've put it here. https://www.yousendit.com/download/WnBTTG16RndRWUtGa1E9PQ
  • Cajypiu
    just curious to see if this works.... [img]https://www.yousendit.com/download/WnBTTG0rYSs3bUJMWEE9PQ[/img]
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi John, Thank you for your help again! To upload a pic on these forums you have to upload the pic to a site like Imageshack: [url]http://imageshack.us/[/url] then you copy the link (from Imageshack I choose the "direct" link) and paste it into the window that appears once you click on "Add Image". I'll post your pic in this post & I think I should post another thread somewhere it'll be noticeable about this too... :-) [img]http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/9696/unlimitedrtyj3.png[/img] Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: