macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Tulu
    Re: While import into FCP from Motion movies changes in Canvas w
    Still it is not working the way it should. I am working on my FCP project. Whenever I go for working on Motion and get the clip in my FCP, I get 2 black thick border in left and right side in my FCP Canvas window. Source captured video is NTSC (720 X 480). Thanks Tulu
  • Rounik Admin
    How are you taking the clip from Motion to FCP? What version of FCP are you using. Please remind me of you OS X version. (You can add this info so I can see it in your profile by clicking on "Forum Settings" below the Search Forum text on the right of any forum page). Cheers Rounik
  • Tulu
    There are two ways: one is: after finishing work in Motion, I save it onb desktop and then import from FCP. Another is: selecting the clip i want to work inside FCP and then select "send to motion" and check "launch motion inside FCP" so whatever work I do in motion it updates in my FCP timeline after saving. But in both ways I see the smaller size clip in FCP canvas. FCP version: 5.1.4 OS version: 10.4.11 Thanks Tulu
  • Tulu
    Dear Rounik Please solve my problem as we were discussing yesterday. Waiting for your response. Thanks Tulu
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Tulu, Try saving the Motion clip to your desktop, opening it in Quicktime and press Cmd-I (Window > Show Movie Inspector). Can you tell me the format, normal size and current size details from that movie. Thanks Rounik
  • Tulu
    I saved motion clip on desktop but could not open through QuickTime. Can you tell how to open in QuickTine. Thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Right... sorry, when you said saved, I thought you meant exported. The "saved" project cannot be opened in Quicktime because it is not a video file AFAIK. Try exporting the clip from motion...
  • Tulu
    I exported in QuickTime and following are the info about the movie: Format: DV, 720 x 480 (640 x 480), Millions 16-bit Integer (Big Endian), Stereo, 44.100 kHz FSP:29.97 Data Rate: 30.18 mbits/s Normal Size: 720 x 480 pixels Current Size: 720 x 480 pixels (Actual) Waiting for your response Tulu
  • Rounik Admin
    Now Try importing it into FCP. First set up the Audio/Video settings in FCP. The trick is to set the video settings up to DV NTSC. Try experimenting with the different settings until you find the one that suits. Don't choose PAL... or HDV.... DV NTSC is the basic format you need. Hope that helps Rounik
  • Tulu
    No Rounik - Did not work the way you said. Tulu
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: