macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Logic Ninja
    Converting
    Is there any way I can convert MPEG4 files into .mov files in Final cut express. MPEG4 files seem to slow down the rendering process by a lot. Please help. Abhi
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Converting
    Hi Abhi, I'm sure there are easy ways to do so in FCE but as I'm not near FCP right now I'll tell you an even easier way with Quicktime Pro. Your version of QT will be QT Pro if you have Logic Studio or FC Studio. (You can also use Compressor to convert multiple files. It's included with FCS and Logic Studio). Open the video file in Quicktime. Choose File > Export... Set the Export to Quicktime mov ------ Very importantly you should look at the size, frame rate, all settings of the movie. There is a similar way to do this in FCE by working with each clip, but I'm not near Final Cut so can't direct you accurately. Btw, have you checked out the Final Cut 6 101 tutorial? It's very similar and relevant IMHO for FCE 4 users: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/finalcut6101[/url] This may help you. Cheers Rounik
  • Logic Ninja
    It worked!!!!!! Quicktime converted the video file to .mov and I transported it back into FCExpress. Its finaly playing vids without rendering for half an hour. I'm really happy. Thanks a lot Rounik! Abhi
  • Rounik Admin
    That's great & it makes me very happy too :-) Rounik
  • zazu
    So I'm having the same converting problem. when I downloaded quicktime pro and restarted my computer nothing happened? What do I do to change my video from fcp to anything? Thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi zazu Welcome to the forums :) You need to open the video in quiktime pro and then choose one of the save as or export options from the File > menu. What exactly are you trying to convert? Cheers Rounik
  • zazu
    I edited a wedding video and the format was .fcp and facebook wouldn't take it in that format. I was able to change it to .avi and it added some soundtracks that I had muted. *Heavy sigh* So I went back and double checked a few things and changing it again. So fingers crossed! thanks again! zazu
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi zazu, .fcp is the Final Cut Pro project file! This contains all the information related to the sequence in Final Cut - but only points to the actual raw movie files you have edited. IN Final Cut Pro, you need to export the sequence using either: File > Export > Quicktime movie... (or using Compressor) The resulting exported file (depending on the format you choose to export to) should be fine for YouTube... I'd highly recommend a couple of tutorials which can help you understand the workflow of working in FCP and/or capturing and outputting edited video from FCP: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/finalcut6101[/url] and/or: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/inAndOutInFCP[/url] They are both stellar tutorials IMHO :) Let me know how you get on. Cheers Rounik
  • Cajypiu
    Hi Guys, just in case people were only on Final Cut Express and they didn't have Quicktime Pro... another really really really reeeeaaalllly useful app to have is one called MPEGSTREAMCLIP. It converts most things and best of all.... it's absolutely free :) Cheers, John
  • Logic Ninja
    Hey Rounik, you mentioned that if I transport a clip in the compressor I could change the file to .mov. So, how do I exactly do that after I have a file in the Compressor, Its my first time using it. Also, When I convert a clip using quicktime it takes about half an hour, will this possibly be any faster? Abhi
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: