macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rspx7
    Please Help URGENT, can't open FinalCut anymore
    Hi everyone, I have a Final Cut Pro 5 on my Mac and I have been using it normally to work but today I tried to open it and it just won't work. I am no computer expert but from what I could gather from the "Problem Report..." window that comes up, the problem is related to the application/pluggin called melodyne or melodynebridge. Now, I know the pluggin melodyne from Celemony and the thing is I recently tried to download a trial version of that pluggin but could not get it to work- I think I downloaded a full version from somewhere on the web and when I was asked for a owner ID and password I gave up and deleted the files related to melodyne. Now it is the first time I am trying to use Final CutPro and it won't work. Everytime that the program is opening, when that small opening window is running and you can see quickly all the pluggins loading it stops on "loading audio filters-celemony:melodynebridge" (that happens really quick and you have to pay attention to see it happening) and the "problem report" comes up... Does the Final Cut Pro uses something from celymony, this melodynebridge to operate and have I deleted the pluggin as i mentioned before and now FCP won't open or is it possible that I got a virus on my MAC? Or maybe when I downloaded this melodyne copy my Final Cut program got altered and now it needs to use the melodyne but as I deleted it Final Cut can't find it and it crashes? If that is the case is it possible to get Final Cut to it's original "functionality", I mean so it works without melodyne? Sorry for the long thread and if it is hard to understand but I had to describe it all in the hope that someone out there would understand the problem and maybe know how to fix it... I need to work and need final cut and am getting desperate! Any help is much appreciated! Thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Please Help URGENT, can't open FinalCut anymore
    Hi Rspx7, Welcome to the forums! Don't worry, it doesn't sound like a virus. AFAIK there is not a "virus" for the Mac in the wild yet. OK. Here's what I think you should do: Go to these two locations and delete the melodyne and melodyne bridge files: HD/Library/Audio/Plug-ins/Components User/Username/Library/Audio/Plug-ins/Components Then retry opening Final Cut. Please let me know if this works or not. Cheers Rounik p.s. when troubleshooting a technical problem, it is helpful to provide your OSX version, FCP version, Mac and any useful specs.
  • Rspx7
    Hi Rounik, Thank you so very much, it worked, Final Cut up and running! I am so relieved, the computer belongs to my brother, and the final cut program was installed on his computer by an I.T. guy from his work, and I didn't want to bother him (he is a very busy man, works long hours etc.) with that, he'd have to ask the guy to come here and reinstall FCP since we don't have the discs at home so I was trying everything to solve the problem by myself, and you save me. Funny thing is, I did a search on my Mac for any files with the word melodynebridge but nothing came up, hence me believing that FCP had had it's configurations changed somehow... Thank you very much again, I wish you all the best Rico
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Rico No problem! Really glad to know it helped. :) Rounik
  • DoublEdge
    just had the same problem! Thank you so much for the info.......Final Cut is back up and working like a charm!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: