macProVideo.com
Forums
  • irie
    final cut timeline export
    Hey guys, I am trying to export my Apple pro res 422 final cut timeline with the wish of making a file for burning a dvd. It seems that MPEG 2 is the solution, but for some reason I am having trouble to do so. At the same time when an Mpeg 2 comes out of compressor it as the audio and video file but toast won't burn it. I have try to follow the tutorials on that and when I open my apple pro res 422.mov with quicktime and export it does not give me the possibility for m2v file??? I am in trouble Can I go straight from fcp to compressor via dvd best quality? do you have any suggestion on that ? Or do you have any advice to make sure to keep as much of the apple pro res quality onto a dvd. Can you explain the procedure, thanks. Pierre ps really need help
  • Jim Kanter
    Re: final cut timeline export
    If you want to play the video on a DVD player then you have to first convert the video to MPEG-2 and then convert it to the correct DVD format by "authoring" in a program like iDVD or DVD Studio Pro. Both of these applications can do the MPEG conversion automatically for you, but Compressor gives you more control over the quality.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: