macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Tulu
    How to get Good result using quick time conversion for DVD
    Could you tell me how to get the best result when I transfer my project onto a DVD. I will send this DVD for broadcat in TV so it has to be very good. Please tell me all the steps I should follow to get the same clean picture like the timeline when I will watch the project in a DVD player. Thanks Tulu
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: How to get Good result using quick time conversion for DVD
    Hi Tulu, That's a big question & a wide ranging subject to discuss as there are many variables involved! Definitely as your video will be outputted for broadcast purposes I'd recommend you check out the following tutorials which will help you understand how to get the best results when outputting from FCP to DVDSP: Final Cut 6 105: Capturing and Outputting: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/inAndOutInFCP[/url] Compressor 101: Core Compressor 3: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/compressor3101[/url] also has some really useful tips! One question... why are you placing the video on DVD for TV broadcast? Wouldn't it be more useful to provide the TV station with the video exported directly from FCP in the format they ask for? Cheers Rounik
  • Tulu
    Hi Rounik I have the Final Cut 6 105: Capturing and Outputting. I think I will buy the 2nd one. Basically its community TV so they accept MiniDV or DVD. Which one will be better? But still I need to know about the DVD transfer because sometime I need to give fi nal master copy to my clients. Please give some advice. Thanks Tulu
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Tulu, I'd go with MiniDV personally. I think that's covered in the Final Cut Capturing and Outputting? For transferring to DVD, do check out Compressor's presets... and definitely the Core Compressor 3 tut. I think it should answer all your questions and more... btw, if your Final master is SD not HD then DVD should be ok - but if I had a choice I'd choose MiniDV. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: