macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Matt Sepeta
    FCP->Encoder CS4->FlashCS4->Transparent FLV?
    First time poster here! The title pretty much sums it up. I am trying to create a video akin to "www.straightedgemarketing.com" and am having a bit of difficulty. I have created the video and have it up online perfectly fine, but the file is about 8 MB and my work wants it down to under 1 mb. No matter what settings I tinker with in any step, it either looks terrible, or simply does not shed weight... Any one have any suggestions for Exporting it out of FCP to lose size? It must be exported via Animation codec set to millions of colors +, so that cannot change... Thank you any and all for your help!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: FCP->Encoder CS4->FlashCS4->Transparent FLV?
    Hello Matt & welcome to the forums :) This is a difficult question to answer... Have you tried Exporting using Compressor and the various settings included there? I think to get a small enough file size you may need to sacrifice the Animation codec and try a different codec... :( How long is the video? What size is it (dimensions)? Have you checked out the Compressor tut? [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/compressor3101[/url] Cheers Rounik
  • Matt Sepeta
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the Animation Codec was the only one that supports an alpha channel? I should have been more specific in my initial posting that the alpha channel must be preserved in able to wmode transparent the background..
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Matt, You are completely correct! Animation codec is the only one that supports alpha channels AFAIK. I would then suggest, if possible, changing the colours to thousands and/or scaling down the size? and/or adjusting the frame rate.... Sorry I can't be of more help... Let us know how you get on. Cheers Rounik
  • Matt Sepeta
    I wish I could change the colors down to thousands, but the only way to preserve alpha is to do millions plus... I am almost at the point of just telling the company that they need more bandwidth, our IT guy seems to agree as well.
  • Rounik Admin
    [quote:93238]I am almost at the point of just telling the company that they need more bandwidth, our IT guy seems to agree as well.[/quote] Yes, that's what I'd be temped to say... Out of interest, do you know how large the video file is on www.straightedgemarketing.com ?
  • Matt Sepeta
    Yes, I contacted them with a few questions.. Obviously, they were unable to tell me what sort of compressing/codecs/anything they use, but they DID tell me that for a 12 second video (What I am making) it would run from .3 - .6 MB I honestly have no idea how that is possible
  • Rounik Admin
    Will you be using Flash?
  • Matt Sepeta
    Yes. Here is my exact workflow: SD NTSC miniDV tape. chromakey out background export as quicktime movie (animation, millions of colors plus) encode .mov as .flv via adobe media encoder cs4 (On2vp6 with alpha) create blank flash doc and add flv to the canvas. publish
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Matt, I'm not an expert with Flash... I'm going to forward this thread to a colleague who might be able to help. In Adobe Media Encoder what exact settings have you got? In the meantime I wonder if our Encoding Video with Flash tutorial would help you? [url]http://www.designprovideo.com/tutorial/flashcs4105[/url] You can check out the topics on the above link... Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: