macProVideo.com
Forums
  • 4given
    I cant render
    Hey guys... I'm having trouble rendering (amongst other troubles). I have a new MacBook Pro w 4gigs of ram and plenty of hard drive space...and Im ussing FCP5 and I cant render my movie, it'll go up to a certain percentage and that "beachball" icon appears and NEVER goes away, I have to forcequit FCP. I've trashed my preferences for FCP and restarted FCP and no luck. Any ideas? Maybe some corrupt files? and if so how can I trash them? thanx in advance.
  • Cajypiu
    Re: I cant render
    Kia ora, can you give us a bit more info about your system? Versions of software, specifically, Final Cut (5.xxx??), OSX and quicktime for starters. Have you installed any other software AFTER Final Cut? Logic for example will install a few things in overlapping locations. Affects Soundtrack and Compressor more than anything but something to be aware of. What kind of footage are you working on? Did you record it from a camera? What are the settings of your sequence timeline? Can you export or are you specifically having problems with rendering? Can you successfully render individual regions rather than the whole time line? Questions questions I know :) Cheers, John
  • 4given
    Hey John, thanx for the reply. I found out what it was (I think), well not really, I just erased and reinstalled EVERYTHING, and the problem persisted. I found out it was some clips I had on the timeline. I did most of my filming from the Sony HDR-Whatever I said it was, But I threw in some HD clips from another Sony camera I used....well long story short, it was those clips from my HD cam...I took 'em out and it rendered fine...dont understand why but, there it is. Thanx.
  • Hisham
    mixing different formats in the timeline is more a feature in FCS2.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: