macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Hitdoggie
    How feasible is it to do this? COLOR
    I might run a social science experiment where I will need to do some video editing. One of two things 1) I think this is the most feasible to conceptualize-Changing the color of someone's shirt to something entirely different. Is this a possibility with final cut? Would the chroma function be advanced enough to do this realistically? Would the initial color of the shirt matter? Note: The video camera is stationary and the person is just moving their arms and hands in front of them. It is only 4 minutes long. 2) This might be really hard- changing the color and design of the shirt??? Thank you so much in advance for any help.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: How feasible is it to do this? COLOR
    Hi 1) you can do this easily in Motion as long as the colour of the shirt is unique within the frame. 2) You could mask the shirt and replace it that way in Motion... I'd be interested to know other people's techniques on this too :) Rounik
  • Cajypiu
    Re: How feasible is it to do this? COLOR
    Kia Ora, you can do this in Final Cut too using the 3-way colour wheel. When you click on the Limited effect arrow at the bottom of the colour filter's window you can limit your colour selections buy using the eye dropper to select the colour you want to change, play with the luma slides in particular to broaden the range of colour tone around the original colour you selected... and then use the colour wheels to remap the colour. If you do have the same colour in the same shot, then it will be changed as well unless you mask the shirt/ whatever item you are trying to change. Cheers, j
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: