macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Gacamia
    Converting VHS to DVD
    I need to put some old VHS tapes to DVD. I am using an Intel iMac. What would I need to do this?
  • VannessV
    Re: Converting VHS to DVD
    You can convert from VHS or SVHS tapes to DVD. The first,u need a VHS deck and a DVD recording deck.Converting directly.No need a computer to do this.When you transfer finished,remember to finalize the dvd.If you forgot to finalize the Dvd,you can not read it. Cheers. Vann
  • Hisham
    If you want to edit your VHS, you may want to dub the VHS footage to DV tape using your camera and recapturing this into FCP. This will allow you to edit and add more footage, if you like. Regards, Hisham
  • actsk8flm
    I agree with the 2nd answer. I do this all the time by plugging into the RCA "out" (that's the red, white yellow plugs) on my VCR to the RCA in on my mini DV camera. Of course it depends on what kind of camera inputs you have. Then load into Final Cut using firewire, edit it to one timeline, export it as a Quicktime movie, and burn it in iDVD. Good luck!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: