macProVideo.com
Forums
  • amerikiwi
    a way to copy just the used contents of a project and store just
    So Im not real up on FCP, but Im wondering: is there a way to copy just the used contents of a project and store just that copied portion in a new folder? in Logic it would be the same as using the 'Save as, Include assets" checkbox. So In Logic it would be like making a new copy of a stock apple loops before you tweak it, thus taking it out of the 'apple loops' folder and storing a new copy in the project bin. im working on a project that the source material is on several external drives. the project is triming down a lot of hour long concerts with the ultimate goal to have just one finished 'best of' .45 second clip of all the different concerts. Now that I have my final edits, I'd like to copy JUST that final .45 seconds and save that so I can ditch the other external hard drives before I do any final tweaks and color correction visual fx stuff. Hope I said that right. thanks, Amerikiwi
  • Cajypiu
    Re: a way to copy just the used contents of a project and store
    Hi Amerikiwi, that's actually a good question. I take it you just don't want to export out uncompressed footage from the time line and work form that? Cheers, j
  • amerikiwi
    Re: a way to copy just the used co...
    found a answer to my post question. I was looking for what is caleed in FCP the 'Media manager'. right click in the asset window to get to this. alows for copying used assets to down size prject as a back up. www.rippletraining.com has a link to a blog called 'macbreak' a free tips sight. in there they have a class by a mrs steele on media managment that covers all this. i think it's called 'using the media magager' a good bit off free info here. Amerikiwi
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: