macProVideo.com
Forums
  • bford
    FCE Exporting Problem
    hello, I have a 16 minute movie that I want to export but whenever I do (either way: export to quicktime movie or using quicktime conversion) the audio becomes terribly out of sync. I have figured the problem is NOT the audio. when I placed in-out points and went to export I noticed that when I select export, the position of the video in-point changes because the viewer shows a different image. Also, a red render bar on the topmost bar on the timeline comes up over the entire movie. The strange part is that when I re-import the video and don't cut/edit or do anything to it, and export that, the export plays perfectly fine. But, in order for the movie to be finished I have to edit some parts. It's only when i edit it does the problem start. it still plays fine on the timeline but not in the export. Sorry for so many problems and hope you can help. What can be the problem? Specs of my computer: MacBook Pro Mac OS X Version 10.5.6 Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Memory 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM Final Cut Express 4 Quicktime Version 7.6.0 Thanks, bford
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: FCE Exporting Problem
    Hi bford, welcome to the forums! Have you tried rendering your sequence first and then exporting it? Can you check the clip settings and your sequence settings. What settings are you using for export? Thanks Rounik
  • bford
    Thanks a lot for your reply. By "rendering your sequence", how do you mean? If you mean rendering the video on the timeline, then yes, I have done that. I have checked my clip settings and the sequence settings and they are the same. there should be no problem there. the settings for export are: File>Export>Using Quicktime conversion (Format: Quicktime Movie)>Options>Settings: Compression Type: H.264 Frame Rate: current (have tried all) Key Frames: Every 24 frames (have tried others) Quality: Best Data Rate: Automatic Encoding: Best Quality I don't think the Size settings (dimensions and whatnot) would have anything to do with it. Do you know any reason why when I press export, the in-out points seem to change and shows the top render bar showing red? reminder that only happens when i press export. all other times it plays perfectly rendered. I'm sorry it might be hard to describe my problem over the internet like this but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.
  • Rounik Admin
    Try this: 1. Make a new sequence and copy paste the clips from the old one. 2. Erase all the audio render files. 3. Select the sequence and go to File > Export > QuickTime Movie... Setting: Current Settings Include: Audio and Video Markers: None Recompress All Frames: Tick Make Movie Self-Contained: Tick Let me know how you get on. If this doesn't help, please let me know the sequence settings. Thanks Rounik
  • bford
    Ok, I did all those steps. sorry, but same problem. i think, though, the "recompress all frames" option is for the pro version (i believe) because I'm not seeing it in final cut express. I'm almost positive it's not an audio problem. Again, When i press export, the video in the viewer changes as if frames from the beginning are dropped for some strange reason and the top bar turns red as if unrendered. Here are the item properties for both the clip and the sequence: Item properties of movie: Name: OTT AFTER 2 Type: Clip Creator: Quicktime Player Source: My Passport: OTT: OTT FILES: OTT AFTER 2.mov Offline: Size: 3.3 GB Last Modified: Wed, Jun 24, 2009 1:11 PM Tracks: Vid Rate: 29.97 fps Frame Size: 720 x 480 Compressor: DV/DVCPRO - NTSC Data Rate: 3.5 MB/sec Pixel Aspect: NTSC - CCIR 601 Anamorphic: check Field Dominance: Lower (Even) Alpha: None/Ignore Reverse Alpha: Composite: Normal Audio: Aud Rate: Aud Format: item properties of sequence: Name: Sequence 1 Type: Sequence Creator: Source: Offline: Size: Last Modified: Wed, June 24,2009, 1:11 PM Tracks: 2V, 28A Vid Rate: 29.97 fps Frame Size: 720 x 480 Compressor: DV/DVCPRO - NTSC Data Rate: Pixel Aspect: NTSC - CCIR 601 Anamorphic: check Field Dominance: Lower (Even) Alpha: Reverse Alpha: Composite: Audio: 2 Outputs Aud Rate: 48 KHz Aud Format: 32-bit Floating Point Thanks for all your help.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Thanks for the info... I should have asked this in the beginning. Can you describe in what ways you have tested that the audio had exported out of sync with the video. e.g. close all other apps, open up the file in quicktime, etc etc. It sounds like Quicktime or your Mac may be struggling to play it back in sync - whereas FCP imports and exports it OK. Thanks Rounik
  • bford
    I'm not entirely sure what you mean by, "describe in what ways you have tested that the audio had exported out of sync with the video". I don't think it's quicktime or my mac or the audio of the project that's struggling. it's somehow got to do with the way the fce video export settings are set up. Do you have any advice on how to manipulate that? Is there any reason why fce thinks it has to drop frames from the beginning of the in-point? Why does the red bar come up over the timeline when I press export? Thanks for your help and time and sorry it's so complicated.
  • Hisham
    red bar means that the sequence needs to be rendered first before you can view it (not to mention export it). Now, I would like to know you sequence settings under sequence>sequence settings. This needs to be exactly like your footage, so you can edit natively. If not, you will need to render everytime. You are using FCE. Also is your easy set-up is set right for your footage? It needs to match. Before you export anything click the ALT+R button to render all then save your project. Next export your sequence as a slf contained movie (though not necessary) and check. Hope this helps. Cheers.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: