macProVideo.com
Forums
  • JBliddal
    Can you convert a 32khz timeline to 48khz
    for export to a dvd or should I just sent the timeline to compressor and let compressor create the audio and video file necessary for DVD. In other words will I get a better sounding dvd if converting to 48khz or will it not matter? I am aware that the 48khz file does not provide better sound than the 32khz file, but will a dvd player require a 48khz file?
  • Cajypiu
    Re: Can you convert a 32khz timeli...
    Kia Ora! DVD's as do most cameras work at 48kHz, therefore, I would recommend you DO convert to 48kHz. Compressor would probably be the best solution for you to do this as well. Just to clarify though, you won't get a better sounding DVD by upsampling to 48kHz from a 32kHz file, you will just make it compatible when you want to burn your projects. If, however, you recorded your original footage at 48kHz, you would technically get a better fidelity recording... but depending on material and content recorded, you still may or may not notice the improvement! Hope that helps. Cheers, j
  • JBliddal
    Thanks for the apply. I have done a search in the manual and looked through my Compressor tutorial from macPro video I cannot find a tutorial who shows how to convert from 32khz to 48 khz
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi JBliddal, 1. Open Compressor. 2. Drag the audio file in question onto the big arrow in the top left window pane. 3. Below there is a window that has "Settings" "Destinations". Click on the Settings Tab. 4. Click on the + button and choose "Aiff" to create a new setting. Check in the Inspector that all settings are correct (48kHz, 16 bit) 5. Drag this setting on to the file above. 6. Choose a destination for the file. (Drag this 'destination' on top of the file too. 7. Choose File > Submit... Compression is a huge subject, but once you get a few workflows and techniques and understand how to use Compressor i hope you will enjoy it very much! Thanksm
  • JBliddal
    Thanks for the tutorial. I had used Soundtrack pro to remove noise and and music to some of the fantastic Nature filmed in New Zealand. I had trouble with separating the sound file from the videofile when exporting to quicktime. It was possible to export one track of sound but if I wanted to export more tha one track I had to export video as well. Will trying to solve that problem I decided to use the selfcontained movie of the finished sequence and drop it to the standard 90 minut best compressor setting just to see what happens. You know what Soundtrack is intelligent enough to change the bitrate to 48khz And I am right now looking at the file in the simulator in DVD studio pro. It works flawlessly no sync isues and the sound quality as not suffered. I just like Apple.
  • Cajypiu
    Ahhhh... good ol NZ ;) What export options are you choosing? Sounds ominous? How many audio channels have you got? Under export options you should be able to select sound to AIFF and then under the options tab there will be mono, stereo, and if you have other discrete channels embedded, you can select the ones you're interested in here? Good to see that Soundtrack has sorted you out though! Cheers, j
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: