macProVideo.com
Forums
  • cybersensei
    Sub titles
    I was wondering if anyone could help me with subtitles. I understand that I need to use the lower third text function but it is not allowing me to drag and drop the subtitle data to the timeline above the clip. Can anyone make a suggestion as to getting these subtltles in to the timeline? I appricate it. Regards, cybersensei
  • Cajypiu
    Re: Sub titles
    Kia Ora Cybersensi, would love to help. Can you tell us what you are trying at the moment? Have you inserted titles in to the timeline before (not just lower third)? In order to drag titles on to the time line you have to treat it like it were video in the viewer and click and drag it down on to the timeline that way. Is that what you are doing? Cheers, j
  • cybersensei
    Thank you very much for your reply. What is happening is that I chose the lower third from the text menu and input my text in Japanese. It displays on a black background (with an X across)in the viewer window. When I go to drag and drop it onto the timeline, it moves with this x but does not drop on to the timeline and then seem to disappear. When I look at the canvas there are no subtitles appearing on the video data as the subtitle data does not appear on the track above the animation data. What I need to do is be able to get the text data on the track above the animation data but can't seem to get it to drag and drop. I appreciate any guidance that you can give me on this. Regards, cybersensei PS: I can send some screen shot or short video clip data of this if you would like by mail. You can contact me here. steve@crankyoldbastards.com
  • Hisham
    Okay, I think you have the wireframe+image option ticked in the viewer window. You can do the following: 1. Go to the viewer window at the top and select from the drop down window the option "Image" only. This will take that "X" off, then you can drag the image straight to the timeline. OR 2. Simply click on the overwrite RED button at the bottom of the CANVAS to insert what you have in the viewer to the timeline. Be careful to check which source/destination you have selected to the left of the timeline, so that you insert the subtitles ABOVE your footage. Hope this is somehow helpful. All the best. Hisham
  • cybersensei
    Dear Hisham Thank you so much for this. I can get the sub titles in now. I really had no idea what was going on. Thanks so much again.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: