macProVideo.com
Forums
  • mirek
    motion
    sorry cant find a motion forum so FCP will have to do. Im looking at the Motion 201 tut 'advanced Motion 2' and in the preferances section one option is to browse to a third party plugins folder.., But my Motion does not have this option in the preferances.., im guessing this tut is for FCP V5 (1) suite and this option is not available in FCP 2 /motion .., or is my software buggy??
  • Hisham
    Re: motion
    Hi Mirek Are you refering to 3rd party filters? If yes, this can be found in your home/library/application support/final cut studio/motion/library/3rd party filters. Whatever you put there will appear in your Motion Filter 3 party folder. Also generally you find plug-in folders under the home/library folders. Hope this is of any help. Hisham
  • mirek
    yep, i cant get my Sapphire filters to work?? I dont know where to instal them to?? i havent got After effects for the Mac just the PC.., im wondering if i can just drop them in there. i do have a trial AE for mac?? i wonder if i can drop them out of there.., but its a hassle and ive got one hell of a flu. thanks for that info.., and btw.., its a very good tut. Motion is doing things i never knew it could :)
  • mirek
    actually i installed the Sapphire filter to that directory..., i forgot (this flu!!) but they didnt show up except for the folders each set was in!
  • Hisham
    okay, check what the developers are saying to do. Maybe it has to be installed in the "root" library rather than the "home" library. You will definitely need to restart the application. But check what the developer says. Sorry, couldn't be of any more help.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: