macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Hisham
    FCP & OMF & Countdown counter with 2 pip
    Hi Folks, I just fnished editing a short film and am about to work with a sound designer who is asking me to give him the following: [i]An OMF2 file of the audio and a .mov, including a count down w 2 pip and time code.[/i] Okay, here are my silly 2 questions: ----------------------------- 1. The short film that I finished has no sound at all. The sound designer will include sound effects. Is there any reason why I should give him an OMF file? 2. How can I create a count down with 2 pip. What is that exactly? Is it a time code generator that is inside FCP? Where do I get the 2 pip? :-) Thanks in advance! Hisham
  • Hisham
    Re: FCP & OMF & Countdown ...
    okay, I think I have my answers now. For anyone's interest: OMF2 files are only needed, if you do have sound as part of your editing process. You will export these files to your sound designer to add/enhance the sound experience. IF your movie doesn't have any sound at all, there is no need to export in OMF. The 2 pip leader is used as a sync count-down with a sound deigner can use to sync the sound to your video edited version. Hope that will help someone down the track. Cheers.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: