macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Spock
    Capturing Video with Final Cut Pro 7
    Hi, I am new to Final Cut Pro, and just purchased the software, should have it this week ... and will follow up with a MPV subscription to get up to speed as quickly as possible. :) Just was hoping to get some info: can Final Cut Pro capture video from an external VHS deck plugged into the MAC via USB? I am looking at a relatively inexpensive piece of hardward to allow me to get video off old VHS tapes: http://www.blackmagic-design.com/products/videorecorder/ Any comments appreciated. -Spock
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Capturing Video with Final Cut...
    Hi Spock, It doesn't look like this device will sync with Final Cut. AFAIK, Final Cut, Quicktime and iMovie will record video from firewire devices. I don't think USB is supported - but I may be wrong on this. However, it looks like it comes with it's own recording software. I have no idea if it will produce decent quality recordings, but once you capture the VHS tapes to file then you can import them into FCP. Hope that helps, Rounik
  • Spock
    Re: Capturing Video with Final Cut...
    Thanks for the info! Much appreciated!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: