macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Arnie
    Rendering in FC
    I have FC 6 101 downloaded. In trying to play back a few beginning edits I get a screen that says "Not Rendered". I loaded video from a Flip Camera. When I go to #47 on the download "Dealing With Rendering" I get a black screen. Same for #48. All other chapters play. How so I get #47. Or who can help explain the screen. Ajay
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Rendering in FC
    Hi Ajay, I'm not clear what the problem with the black screen is... Are we talking about the FC 101 tutorial in NED on your Mac or the application Final Cut Pro 6? Thanks Rounik
  • Arnie
    Rounik, This is the Tutorial for Final Cut 6 101 with Michael Wohl. All of the selected subject sections play except when i get to #47 which is about rendering, When I click on #47 in the Project Management section instead of a title screen and then the instruction video, I get a black screen with no audio. All this started when I wanted to play back some test edits as part of my learning. The canvas screen says "Not Rendered". These are straight cuts with no effects to be rendered. Ajay
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Ajay, Which version of NED are you running? If it's version 2 or above I believe you should be able to control-click on the video name (#47) and choose re-download. If not, drop a line to Support : [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/support/[/url] Thanks Rounik
  • Arnie
    OK. I'll try that. Yes it's NED 3.2.2 I'll let you know what happens. Thanks for the help. A
  • Arnie
    Rounik, That suggestion doesn't seem to work either. It downloads but still only goes to a black screen. It counts down as if it were playing. I can send you a screen grab JPEG if you'd like. #48 is the same. All else play fine. Secondarily, can you find me someone who can explain why I'm getting the Not Rendered window when I try to play a couple of edits. This is FC Express App. A
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi ajay, Thanks for the reply. I'd recommend you contact our Support team directly on this: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/support/[/url] They'll be able to help and check for things I cannot. As for the 'Not Rendered window in FC... I take it the render bar is red? You can either render that section / all of the sequence, or try setting the Canvas window to 100%. I imagine you're getting that message because you are using a variety of different formats witin the same sequence and some that require rendering, or the sequence settings do not match the clip settings. This is explained very nicely by Michael Wohl in the tutorial... so do contact Support to get a solution to this issue. btw, include as many details about your system, OSX version, Mac spec, Quicktime version, NED version etc. Thanks! Rounik
  • Arnie
    OK. Christian and I are talking about the Tutorial problem. I will try your suggestions. I think that the explanation by Michael is probably the one section I can't open. But I've got enough info to solve the problem. Thanks for the help. A
  • Arnie
    Rounik, I downloaded the whole FC 6 101 tutorial and all the sections play. So it was just a matter of a glitch in the original download. And yes #47 was the section I needed to help explain away the rendering questions I had. I have a crazy idea. Make your instructors available via chat once in a while for a limited time. Like Tuesday between 10A-11A, once a month. You could charge an additional fee for the service! That would be a real added value as far as I'm concerned. I know I'd pay some bucks to get Michael Wohl on a chat to answer a few questions one on one. Thanks for the help. A
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Ajay, Great! Glad you've got it sorted. Enjoy the rest of the tutorial. If you've got any questions, do post back here and we'll do our best to provide solutions. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: