macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Final Cut Express question
    FCE noob question
    Using FCE 4.0.1 on a SL machine. I have a video, its basically a looped video from istock. I want it to play for about 15 mins. This will go in a keynote presentation for a christmas festival and projected on 2 large screens. Whats the best settings to keep the quality up, but not have a 3.3 gig file like I currently have? thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: FCE noob question
    Hi & welcome to the forums! Rather than looping the piece of video for 15 minutes in Final Cut and then exporting it, I'd suggest exporting the original looped video and looping it in Quicktime player or directly in Keynote. In Keynote: Import the movie file. Select it and click on the Quicktime tab in the inspector. Choose Repeat as loop. As for the setting. This is a huge subject which comes under 'Compression'. There's no one best format - but a number of different options to use. Rather than having a 3.3GB file - you can surely compress that to give decent to very good quality playback at a smaller file size. What codec is the original file? What size will the screens be? I would try exporting to H.264. It's compressed and keeps good quality. Do let us know how you get on. Cheers Rounik
  • Final Cut Express question
    Thanks for the reply. I am aware of the loop option in keynote, I am using it for a few other background videos that will be used for the concert. I cant with this video because the intro doesn't loop, which is why I had to splice at 600 frames and keep the end part of the video, which does loop. I made it 15 min as that would cover the final song as well as people leaving. I bought the video from istock.com, and is a .mov file. I did manage to bring it down to a reasonable file size of 258 mb.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi, 258 MB sounds much more reasonable. What format/codec did you export it as? I'd recommend testing it out on the screens you want to use if possible. Thanks Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: