Re: making a coloured object in bl...
Sorry, upon reading back my reply I seemed to have missed some steps! Let me try again:
1. With your clip in the Sequence, navigate to the Effects Tab in the Browser and drag the Color Corrector effect onto the Canvas window.
2. In the Viewer Window, click on the 'Color Corrector' tab and click on the small grey disclosure triangle (bottom left - next to 'Limit Effect'.
3. Click on the eye-dropper (Select color) under the 'Limit Effect' area and choose a color from the canvas window. In this case I chose one of the shades of red. Notice that the limit Effect bar becomes active.
4. Lower the saturation slider to 0 and untick/uncheck the boxes next to 'Sat' and 'Luma'.
5. Drag the sliders in the Limit effect bar to increase the range of shades/colors which are included.
6. The color you have selected will turn a grey color. In my example, I'm not going to remove all the red as this will effect the skin tone of the man on the horse.. so be conservative. You can always increase the limit effect colors later...
7. Now click on the 'Invert Selection' button (bottom right button in the Color Corrector - under the Key button) and the clip should be black and white with only one color in view.
8. Play with the Edge Thin slider and the Softening to help the color blend in or create a dynamic effect as desired.
Hope that helps. Do let me know how you get on.