macProVideo.com
Forums
  • AdamR
    Newbie FCP 4.5 upgrade
    Hi Peoples, Im a audio studio person who has decided to enter into Visual sector. I just purchased FCP 4.5 off ebay and was wanting to know is it worth my while of doing a upgrade to 7 and how best to go about it. Or is 4.5 really enough. I intend to make film clips to music with effects. Not so much into animation
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Newbie FCP 4.5 upgrade
    Hi Adam, I'm not familiar with the feature set of FCP 4.5... I really started with version 5. If it's possible to upgrade to version 7 I would recommend you do so. There have been many useful features from version 6 to 7 that make it a good idea. You would need to upgrade to the latest version of Final Cut Studio (includes FCP7, Motion 4, STP3, etc). According to the upgrade for FCS3: [url]http://store.apple.com/uk/product/MB643Z/A[/url] You can upgrade from any previous version of Final Cut Pro. However, if you have purchased an academic or NFR version then it won't be eligible for upgrade. Hope that helps, Rounik
  • AdamR
    Re: Newbie FCP 4.5 upgrade
    Thanks for advice. My purchase still in mail, i did check advert, didnt say anything about academic version phew!!! Guess i seriously look into upgrade. Thanks
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: