macProVideo.com
Forums
  • AdamR
    Camera advice Newbie
    Whats some decent cameras that will do the job and wont bust the budget too much. I like to make music clips and possibly ads for tv. Any advice on whats good on marketplace.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Camera advice Newbie
    Hi Adam, What's your budget? Are you looking for HD quality? Would you like a tape based camera? Video Cameras come in lots of varieties - so deciding on whether you need a consumer, pro-sumer or pro camera (often depends on budget) would be a good place to start. :)
  • AdamR
    Well im thinking around $1000 Aust (400GBP). A couple i tagged on ebay -Sony DSR-PD150P -Canon XH-A1 High Definition Mini DV Camcorder We on pal broadcast here in Aust but about to change to digital. So i do wonder if im better to go a digital type camera. Not sure if makes any difference. Any advice is really appreciated Thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Adam, I haven't used either of these two cameras... but I know the Canon XH-A1 is one of the standards for broadcast... isn't this a tad over your budget??? Second hand they are usually about £2000 I think! Here's a useful free tutorial on concepts of Video Basics you may find useful: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/avfundamentals101[/url] Recording in HDV won't make a difference regarding PAL/NTSC etc.... I'd recommend you google these cameras for review and be careful that you are bidding for the 'genuine camera' on ebay. :) Rounik
  • AdamR
    Thanks Rounik, the Canon XH-A1 was my 3rd tag on cameras. I may have to wait and save a little longer. I def check out the tutorial you mentioned. Thanks for replies and advice ! Adam
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: