macProVideo.com
Forums
  • AdamR
    FCP on Imac Prob
    Ok , I just purchased FCP 4.5 (2nd hand) and installing on Imac. FCP wont run because it prompts me to have a AGP graphics card and ive got ATI Radeon X1600: Is updated version of FCP fix this issue? My Imac specs System Version: Mac OS X 10.4.11 (8S2167) Model Name: iMac Model Identifier: iMac5,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2.16 GHz Number Of Processors: 1 Total Number Of Cores: 2 L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB Memory: 1 GB Bus Speed: 667 MHz
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: FCP on Imac Prob
    Hi Adam, How much ram/memory does your graphic card have? I haven't run FCP 4.5... but I have a similar spec machine to your iMac still running FCP 5 on OS 10.5.7... so in theory it should work... but I can't guarantee this one way or the other. Might be worth contacting Apple directly. Thanks Rounik
  • AdamR
    Thanks Rounik for response, DisplaysThis the error message on FCP: CONFIGURATION error This software requires certain hardware or software which is missing. ⢠AGP graphics card. Ive also noticed 'Motion' will start to load up but then drops out. My internal card specs ATI Radeon X1600: Chipset Model: ATY,RadeonX1600 Type: Display Bus: PCIe PCIe Lane Width: x16 VRAM (Total): 128 MB Vendor: ATI (0x1002) Device ID: 0x71c5 Revision ID: 0x0000 ROM Revision: 113-xxxxxx-139 EFI Driver Version: 01.00.139 I contact Apple if to no avail... Thanks Adam
  • AdamR
    I think i found the issue via google.... There was a major transition between FCP 4.5 to 5 with my Imac generation. I think the upgrade is nesserary to sort the issues. Cheers
  • Rounik Admin
    Thanks for letting us know! Do check out the minimum spec for FCP5... You may also be able to upgrade to 6 or 7. But I will warn you that running any of more recent pro apps (FCP, Logic, etc) with 1GB ram will not be much fun! I believe you can upgrade the ram on your iMac to a maximum of 3GB. :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: