macProVideo.com
Forums
  • BrianB
    FINAL CUT 6 MOVIE QUALITY SETTINGS NEEDED...HELP!!!
    Hi! I want the BEST and crispest video output ever! 3 questions! 1) Final Cut Pro > Easy Set up... um! What is THE BEST setting to make it all look like super clear movie projects? 2) I go to Sequence > Settings > (Sequence Settings) General Sequence > Settings > (Sequence Settings) Video processing What is the BEST setting for the best quality... period for both of the choices above? 3) When I export my sequence as a quicktime conversion what choice will give me the BEST clearest unbelievable look? I do have DIVX...but I'm not happy with the outcome! I hope you can assist me as these setting are what you probably have your set to!!! I want my projects to look like million dollar movie studio projects. Thank you if you know! I'd like to know!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: FINAL CUT 6 MOVIE QUALITY SETT...
    Hi Brian, What's the best ... of anything? What video format? Codec? Frames per second? HD/SD? What's the final medium of delivery (DVD, YouTube, Cinema, iPod). Try asking 10 different people 'what's the best film ever?' I guarantee at least 5 different responses and some who can't choose. There's not one setting (or 3) in FCP that will magically transform your clips into 'super clear movie projects.' First off, what format is the video footage you have shot in? There are a lot of important details here... so when capturing the footage it's important to match the original clip settings to the capture settings. Using a capture setting because it 'seems better' could really screw up the video. Now, bear in mind if the original footage is not well shot and the quality of camera used is not great then there is little you can do... When you drag a clip into a sequence (assuming your clips are all the same format) FCP will ask if you want your sequence settings to match your clip settings. This is good and easy! 3) There is a lot to understand about exporting and compressing video.... for a start, exporting to Quicktime gives you a choice of a wide number of codecs. But without knowing where your film is being shown... world-wide release.... an iPod, YouTube, etc. Have you checked out any of the tutorials on this site? You may find this free tutorial of some help: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/avfundamentals101[/url] This may be helpful: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/avfundamentals301[/url] or even one of the FCP or Compressor tutorials... :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: