macProVideo.com
Forums
  • caril
    Applying Effects in Final Cut Pro7
    Here, I'm talking about applying different effects on a single clip. Afer using blade to select the section where I want to put an effect, it generally works fine. But sometimes for some reasons? it doesn't, often when i want the effect to cover a longer section of the clip. Here what it does: I choose my effect, I place the play head at the beginning of the section I want to affect, I drop the effect, I render because it asked to do so, and ...Poof! no effect.....Any idea why? Thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Applying Effects in Final Cut ...
    Hi Caril Welcome to the forums :) What method are you using for applying the effect to the clip in the timeline? Is that "clip" in the timeline selected? Lastly are you trying to apply a filter/effect across multiple clips without them all being selected? Thanks Rounik
  • caril
    Well, I have a single clip, but I used Blade :) to create a section where i want to drag the effect I want. I don't want this effect accross the entire clip, just the section between the 2 blades marks. So far, the only explanation I come up with is that I can only use the native effects, those that are shared with Motion are not working because of my system configuration. Mybe in need of system upgrade:)
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Caril, The good ol' Blade tool :) When I'm on FCP7 tomorrow I'll see if I can replicate this. What are your system specs? OSX version, FCP version, etc? Thanks Rounik
  • Jim Kanter
    You either have to drag the effect from the Browser onto the clip or you have to select the clip and then select the effect from the menu. Instead of splitting the clip into two with the Blade, select the portion of the clip with the Range Select tool (G) and then apply the clip. This allows you to keep the clip intact and apply the effect to a specific portion. These frames can be adjusted in the Viewer in the timeline in the Filter tab.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: