macProVideo.com
Forums
  • pbaburic
    Sound in FCE
    good morning, How can I move sound in left window cca. 5 seconds on the timeline? I know how to move part of the sound in right window, but I want to move raw clip about 50min Sound and video are from DV tape and I know how can move it in right window, but I want move for 5 seconds all clip (about 50 minutes). Thank you
  • pbaburic
    Re: Sound in FCE
    picture of the window is here http://www.electriczare.com/electric_zare/images/window.jpg
  • Rounik Admin
    The two windows from left to right are: The Viewer and The Canvas. The Viewer allows you to see media from the contents of your Bin or media clips that are in the Timeline (when you double click on them). The Canvas & Timeline are connected. The Canvas is the representation of the contents of the Timeline. If I understand your question you want to take a section (not all) of the clip in the Viewer and insert it into the Canvas/Timeline? One of the most powerful yet simple to use tools in Final Cut is the In and Out selection. In (I key) marks the In point of a clip. Out (O key) marks the end of a clip. Find the part you want in the Viewer and press the I key. Scroll to the end of the section you want and press the O key. Now drag from the Viewer either directly into the Timeline or into the Canvas window. This will insert the section between the in and out points to your playhead in the Timeline. I would really really recommend taking a look at the Final Cut 101 tutorial: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/finalcut7101[/url] It is extremely good! Really. Also there is a free guide designed to help those coming from iMovie to Final Cut: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/iMovieFCP[/url] Hope this helps Rounik
  • pbaburic
    I want to move sound of the in whole clip (50min) and then make smaller parts. One of them will go to final video, and one of them I will throw away Thank you very much
  • Rounik Admin
    By move sound... do you mean move the sound to the Timeline (your sequence)? Drag the clip into your sequence and then unlink the video and sound track (shift-L). Now resize the audio clip by dragging the left/right boundaries and use the blade tool to cut the clip. You can create multiple sequences in the same project btw. Also, Final Cut is a non destructive editor, so it won't delete the original clip. Thanks Rounik
  • pbaburic
    OK I'll do it and I hope that will be answer to my question. I just want to move sound 5sec in left window 'cause sound is somehow 5sec after the window. As I said, the whole clip is messed with sound and I first want to set video and sound in left window and then cut clips and make final video. Thank you very much Petar
  • Rounik Admin
    No problem. What you're describing is much easier to do in the Timeline. Shifting audio by seconds and/or frames is simple to do. Cheers Rounik
  • pbaburic
    but, when I unlink the video and sound something is wrong. The delay is long about 5sec and I can find the beginning of the sequence, but I cant find its end - the end was cutted when I drop the clip on the timeline. Sorry for my bad English Petar
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Petar, What is the delay? Is the sound 5 seconds ahead of the video or is the video 5 seconds ahead of the sound? What format is the movie file? Was the sound on this movie file always out of sync (before you imported it into Final Cut)? Try creating a new sequence and dragging the clip from the Bin into the new sequence. Use the In and out points to select sections you don't want, shift-delete to ripple delete that section. ---- Actually you can still drag the edge of the clip (end) to the right to see more of the original clip. I would really recommend the FCP101 tutorial as it will give you many tips on how to work with clips in the Viewer and time line - real time savers that are hard to explain... But do let me know how you get on. Cheers Rounik
  • pbaburic
    Here I tried to make some photo of FCE image. In picture A is look of the FCE when I import video and sound from the camera. When I move sound and when sound is at the right olace, I have few seconds less and few seconds more because sound and video are delayed for 5sec (sound is 5sec after the video) www.electriczare.com/electric_zare/images/primjer1.gif
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: