macProVideo.com
Forums
  • roberto
    scratch disks in FCE
    Hallo everybody and hallo to you Rounik! Wonderfull to met you here too. So... I'm starting to work with FCE (4.0.1). I did work already with FCP in the past, but I forgot a lot, in two years of absence. So my first question is: Wich is a good setting for the scratch disk? I work with a mac book pro and with an external firewire 800. I've chosen to put everything in the external HD, in two different folders. 1- Video capture, Video render, Audio render, Waveform Cache, Thumbnail Cache and Autosave in one folder (called FCE_Scratch Disks). 2- the Projects in a different folder (FCE_Proj.) I remember that there are different "schools". And what to do to avoid that opening different projects, all the files (ecxept the Proj.) are spread out all over. I guess I would prefer to have in one folder all the material about a Project. Any suggestion? I don't see any video tutorial about FCE. Am I blind or...? Thans a lot for the help and, Rounik, stammi bene Roberto
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: scratch disks in FCE
    Ciao Roberto! I was thinking of you recently and wondering how you are. Spero stammi molto bene! The locations you choose for the scratch disks are fine. Just make sure the external hard drive is connected when you launch FCE and everything should run like clockwork :) You can manually move the video and audio files to a location of your choice. You may then be asked by FCE to reconnect media. Click on 'Search...' and it will try to locate the files for you, or 'locate' will give you the opportunity to manually point out the files. This is what I do when moving files. I normally create a project folder with a 'media' or 'video' folder inside and move the media there. Then open the project, and direct Final cut to where the files are now being stored. There is no specific FCE tutorial as yet, but that's because the Final Cut 7 101 covers everything you'll need to know about FCE 4 and FCP 7. It really is one of my favorite tutorials of all time! [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/finalcut7101[/url] Stammi bene! Rounik
  • roberto
    Ciao Rounik!! Bellissimo risentirti!. Thank you a lot, as always. I'll have a look on the tutorial. What about an Environment for FC?! I'll soon let you know about the rest... Roberto
  • Rounik Admin
    No problem Roberto! an environment for video.. eh.... sounds like a job for Max/MSP and Jitter... ;-) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: