macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Wyrisei
    Compressor Timecode
    Hi. I couldn't find a forum for Compressor so I am posting here. I received a QuickTime Movie file, which doesn't have timecode display burnt on. So for the convenience, I decide to burn timecode using Compressor. (I know how to do this in Final Cut Pro but, at this moment, I don' have access to FCP.) I found Timecode Generator in the Filter section of Inspector. I deselect the option for "start Timecode at 00:00:00:00" because my movie starts at, let's say, 00:59:52:00. Now where can I set the starting Timecode of the movie file so that the very first frame will show 00:59:52:00? Thank you.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Compressor Timecode
    Hi Penguin, I think this is a limitation with Compressors Time Code Generator :( If you are able to, either use the Timecode generator in FCP or create a new sequence in FCP, import the clip and set the clip to the start point it should be, e.g. 00:59:52:00 Now export using Compressor. In Compressor, make sure start at 00:00:00:00 is NOT ticked and although the preview won't seem correct the final export should be fine. Not sure how else to achieve this without FCP... Rounik
  • Wyrisei
    Thank you Rounik for your reply. At least I am glad to know that I am not missing some basic settings or anything like that. In that case, I should put Timecode within FCP, when I have a chance, because it looks much better. By the way, I really loved your Advanced Snow Leopard video!! Now that Mac is essential to my life, your very informative and entertaining videos have literally improved my life! Thank you. Penguin
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Penguin, Would be great if Compressor had the ability to enter custom time code directly... Thanks for your kind words! It means a lot to us all. Best Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: