macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Diah
    Tempo Locking the timeline
    Hi there! I just got Final Cut Express 4 a few days ago, and have found it to be a wonderfully useful video editing program. I've watched the Final Cut 7 101 tutorial, but I still have a couple of questions about a few genre specific functions. I'm attempting to create a music video using a locked audio track, but am having a rough time getting the video to line up exactly with the beat. Is there anyway to make video clips in the time-line snap to a prearranged tempo? I can get close just by snapping them to the nearest frame, but it's still not perfect. Thanks in advance!!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Tempo Locking the timeline
    Hi Diah, Welcome to the forums! I would use Markers. While playing (or in stop mode) press the M key to add a marker. This then makes it very easy to visually align your clips to the beat/marker. I think I'll do a Blog post on this and hopefully get it published towards the end of the week. I'll post the URL here as soon as it's published. Hope that helps Rounik
  • Diah
    Thanks for the reply!! I've been using markers up till now to get a general feel about where the 32nd, 64th, 128th beats are but many times, I've run into the problem that the beat rests between frames. One frame forward is after the beat. One frame backward is behind the beat. Maybe people won't notice such a small imperfection, but it sticks out like a sore thumb when I watch the whole project.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Diah, What is the frame rate of your sequence? :) Rounik
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Diah, Here's a blog post on Editing Video to music / to the beat in FCP: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/blog/final-cut/edit-video-music-final-cut[/url] Hope it helps, Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: