macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Arnie
    Kodak Zi8
    Anyone know if there are any difficulties in transferring video into FCP? Any special intermediate codecs? Or is it straight in? Ajay
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Kodak Zi8
    Hi ajay, In theory this should work fine as I believe the Zi8 records in H.264 format? I doubt that you'll be able to use the log and transfer window but can you Import files to import the H.264 files directly into Final Cut Express. :) Rounik
  • Arnie
    Thanks again Rounik. So it seems fair to assume that I can import files into my new FCPro without too many issues. I'll give it a try. I have a very old Flip camera and want to update with the Zi8. ajay
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi ajay, Sorry I misread that you were using express... Yes. It'll be fine in fcp too. In fact you may wish to convert the h.264 files to pro res which will in theory be better to edit in fcp. I,ve not used the Zi8 or similar before, but have you seen what the new iPhone4 is capable of? [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/blog/iphone-app/video-shot-edited-imovie-iphone-4[/url] Thanks Rounik
  • Arnie
    That's absolutely amazing. After 40 years of writing and producing films and commercials, I thought I'd seen everything. But that tops it. It's funny to see this tiny camera mounted on gear that's meant for larger cameras. I love the mini crane shot. It's a real deal. I've just sent the link to all of my friends... cameramen, editors, writers. They've probably seen this aleady. It's historic. Thanks for the treat! ajay
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi ajay, Thanks for sending the link to your friends!.. It is amazing, and even better it makes for a very interesting next few years for the amateur and semi-pro film industry. I'm curious to see what the first feature length film shot and edited on an iPhone 4...5... or even an iPad? will look like and how it will be received. Have a great day! Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: