macProVideo.com
Forums
  • littlewhitenoise
    Is capturing video in FCE 'dumber' than iMovie?
    Hi Friends, I have a sony HVR A1U camera, and am using FCE as my primary editor, but being new at this, I'm not sure if I'm missing something. It seems that imovie, nicely captures individual clips based on start and stop points in your recording, but when I capture into FCE I get a giant blob of video, that I have to parse out... am I missing something?
  • Jim Kanter
    Re: Is capturing video in FCE
    In some ways FCE IS 'dumber' than iMovie. Consider capturing in iMovie and then editing in FCE. Final Cut Pro has the ability to go through clips and set markers each time it detects a recording stop and start point in the clip. You can then select all those markers in the Browser window and have FCP Make Subclips from them. I don't use FCE so I can't say if it, too, has this feature. Look up Start/Stop Detection and Subclips in the User Guide.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Is capturing video in FCE ...
    You might also enjoy this tutorial on Capturing and outputting in Final Cut: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/inAndOutInFCP[/url] Thanks Rounik
  • Cajypiu
    Re: Is capturing video in FCE
    Kia Ora, again, just to add to what the other guys have mentioned, there is a preference in Final Cut Pro that says, 'on timecode break'... and gives you a few options one of them being, create new clip. That makes Final Cut treat file import the same as iMovie. I generally uncheck abort capture on timecode break too! Cheers, John
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Is capturing video in FCE ...
    Hey John, Nice to see you... to see you nice. Good tip as always! :) R
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: