macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Motion/FCP
    Motion playback Issues
    Hi I was just wondering what the best video format to edit in Final cut pro and motion. I record video on a DVCHD 1080i video camera and have significant trouble when editing in Motion. When I start adding a few textures and effects, it pretty much stops previewing my work in the canvas because it is taking so long to render.I'm pretty sure I have the right video codecs before entering into the editor, just having a painfully slow process with playback. I have a 24in Imac 2.8 GHz with 2GB RAM. Will be exporting for youtube.
  • Jim Kanter
    Re: Motion playback Issues
    Part of the problem is the system you are using. Motion really wants a high-end video card and lots of RAM and the iMac has neither. I run on an 8-core MacPro with 12GB of RAM and the top-of-the-line Radeon card and I can still quickly bring Motion to a crawl depending on what I am doing. 3D, Particles and Replicators are especially taxing. As far as CODECs go, are you transcoding to ProRes before editing? ProRes HQ is good if you're going to make an HD version, otherwise use ProRes for SD sizes.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: