macProVideo.com
Forums
  • jat403
    Flip Video in FCP Problem
    Hey, I'm having frustrations with my FCP. I recorded footage with a Flip Video but did not convert it to anything. I put it right into FCP. I edited it to my liking (yes, with all of the rendering). I exported it to Quicktime and when I play it back, the clips are distorted and there are short green screens in between most of the clips. I need this video to be workings by Thursday. Is there anybody who can assist me? Thanks for your time. -JS
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Flip Video in FCP Problem
    Hi JS, OK... in the Finder can you open a Flip Video clip in Quicktime and press Command + I. What is the info for that clip? In Final Cut go to Sequence > Settings... What settings do you have there? Do your sequence settings match the clip settings? Next what settings are you using to export your sequence from Final Cut? Thanks Rounik p.s. please include your system, OSX and Final Cut specs. :)
  • jat403
    Thanks for getting back to me! The info for the Quicktime clip is: Format: H.264 1280x720 Millions AAC, 2 Channels, 44100Hz FPS: 30 Data Rate: 9.10 Mbit/s Final Cut Settings are: Frame Size: 1280x720 HDTV720(16:9) Quicktime Video Settings: Compressor- H.264 It seems that the sequence settings do match the clip settings. When I exported it, I put "Use Current Settings". I have OSX 10.6 with Final cut 7. -JS
  • jat403
    I clicked Recompress all frames when I tried it again and it WORKS!!! just for future reference, why was it doing all of that? and thank you so much for getting back to me. I'm doing another movie right now. I'm hesitant to use FCP because I know that all of the videos are completely different formats so I'm putting it into iMovie first. Is this a good idea? -JS
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi JS, Glad to know you got it to work ok! Did you Render All in your project before exporting it? Try doing this and then exporting without recompressing all frames. FCP features an Open Timeline approach so to some degree you can mix and match some different format clips within the same sequence. It depends on the formats IMHO - but once you've put it into iMovie, what are you going to do then... export the clips into FCP? You know you can use Compressor to convert clips to any format of choice. I love Compressor and that might be the best way forward. Thanks Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: