macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Straight Shooter
    Ingesting footage into FCP
    Can I ingest footage from my Sony HDR-XR550, into FCP-via USB, or do I need a separate third party program such as Clipwrap2? If so, how do I set-up my system settings, easy set-up, and audio/video settings to accept this footage and recognize the sony camera for log and transfer.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Ingesting footage into FCP
    Hi You need to use a firewire connection to log and transfer to fCP. What format does your Sony HDR-XR550 shoot in? Have you checked out the free app called Streamclip? This might help. Rounik
  • Straight Shooter
    I don't think I need a fire wire to log and transfer into FCP. I've log and transfer-ed before into FCP with a USB memory stick adapter. I want to go directly from my camera into FCP via a USB chord that comes with the camera. My camera shoots in 1920 x 1080 high-definition. Will FCP accept this camera, if so, then what do my audio/video, and easy set-up settings need to be set at?
  • Rounik Admin
    Yes, you're quite right... I was thinking "Log and Capture"... Of course you must use 'Log and Transfer'. So you're shooting 1080i HD footage. Make sure that you're been shooting all clips using the same setting. Now plug in your Camera and open FCP's Logi and transfer window. Click 'Add Volume'... If your clips are not showing up in the L&T window try clicking on the Gear icon and selecting 'Preferences... Does this work?
  • Straight Shooter
    Where specifically can I find the "add volume" button. Also, when I try and log and transfer, oftentimes my Final Cut program quits unexpectedly. Any further suggestions?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Straight Shooter, From all the posts I've been reading it seems that your new Mac is suffering many, many issues. It's not normal for a new Mac to have issues with Photobooth, iSight cameras, Final Cut Pro crashing, etc... In fact if you purchased this recently I would highly recommend you take this machine back to Apple and ask for an exchange!! You definitely shouldn't be going through all these issues without support from Apple. Best Rounik
  • Straight Shooter
    Can you please answer my previous post question. All my other mac problems have been resolved with your instruction. Where do I specifically find the user accounts in finder to delete the library cache.
  • Straight Shooter
    I'm sorry, I meant-where do I find the "add volume" button in Log and transfer? Thanks for the great replies!!!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Straight shooter, No probs. Do let us know what suggestions help in each thread - so that others searching with similar problems can find out what solution to follow :) You can find the 'Add Volume' button here in the log and transfer window: [img]http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/9861/screenshot20101004at142.png[/img] by the way, if you leave your mouse static over most buttons in FCP a yellow help tip will appear. This will often show you the name of the button/function. :)
  • Straight Shooter
    I'm sorry, in my version of FCP 6 in the log and transfer window, it says "add folder" and not "add volume" Thanks for the great reply!!!!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: