macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Cejunee
    Importing Music: Bit Rate, Normalize
    I am exporting a music soundtrack from Logic to Final Cut as an aiff file. When I burn the aif file to CD (to transfer it to a diferrent Mac with the Final Cut video) should I use 48000 bit rate and normalize off? It is a music video. I created the Logic tracks in 45000 and I have a limiter on the master. Thanks for your help!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Importing Music: Bit Rate, Nor...
    Hi Scott, Final Cut needs the audio to be: 48000 16 bit Are you burning the track to CD direct from Logic? This will create an Audio-CD that can be played back in CD players, etc. Best not to do it this way, as the Audio CD spec is 44.1 and 16 bit. If the above is true, make sure to bounce your project to Aiff @ 48K, 16 bit. The Normalize function will increase the levels of the audio peaks to 0dB. If you've already mastered your track then personally I'd recommend turning off "Normalize" and using the Adlimiter plugin to make it "louder" if needs be. So, once you've bounced the file to disk, create a new burn folder (in Finder's New > Burn Folder. Open the burn folder, drag the audio file into the Burn folder and click on "Burn" and follow the instructions. This will create a data CD, so you can easily drag and drop the file from disc. But, it won't be playable on a standard CD player. By the way, there's no sample rate "45000"... did you create your project at 44.1 or 48? If creating music for film / Final Cut, best to use 48. Here's an indepth Blog post on exporting/bouncing your music from Logic: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/blog/logic-pro/logic-9-howto-export-music-logic[/url] Thanks Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: