macProVideo.com
Forums
  • GarageBand 09
    Final Cut Express 4 thoughts
    hi guys I am looking for a step up from iMovie video editing tool. I have been using Premiere Pro since the late 90's but I am not sure I want to pay $500 for an upgrade or just use FCE 4 instead. I mostly edit personal clips so Premiere seems to be way to heavy for my needs. From some users feedback I get the impression the FCE is not that good. I wish I could pickup a trial version but not from Apple I guess. Any thoughts, opinion will be helpful. Cheers Micha
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Final Cut Express 4 thoughts
    Hi Micha, Final Cut Express 4 is great IMHO... not sure what the reasons are you heard it isn't good? But my first question would be what do you find limiting in iMovie? Second... What editing features / end result do you wish to have access to? Thanks R
  • GarageBand 09
    Thank Rounik I don't like iMovie's interface. it's annoying and confusing. I never know what's a project and what's an event. I hate the fact the all my movies are either copied or moved to a new location. I do mostly family movies and vacations. I used to do some professional work and used Premiere for that, but that was 8 years ago and the industry and I changed quite a lot...-) Thanks, I will give it a thought and maybe just get the Premiere Pro upgrade instead of FCE. Micha
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Micha, I haven't used Premiere Pro much, but have used Final Cut Pro lots. FCE is pretty similar minus a few features - but all in all, it's a very nice upgrade form iMovie! Though you'll probably find iMovie is quicker at applying/rendering effects... (mostly all in real-time!) If you have a subscription you might like to check out the FCP 7 101 tutorial: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/finalcut7101[/url] The interface and every video, except the speed control ones, are applicable to FCE 4. This might be helpful for you to make a decision. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: