macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Stevesaxman
    markers: fcp to compressor
    I'm trying to take a video exported with markers (which shows in quicktime w markers) to compressor in order to change format but compressor does not recognize markers. This seems to be a known bug. Does anyone have any ideas for a work-around? The reason I don't use the "send to" command in fcp is due to the fact that there is a bug that does not allow compressor to use a virtual cluster to render the video.... Thanks guys, Steve
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: markers: fcp to compressor
    Hey Steve, What do you want to "do" with the video file in Compressor? Perhaps you could use Quicktime Pro? Thanks Rounik
  • Stevesaxman
    Sorry to be so vague....lol The way the whole issue came up is because when you use the send to compressor command from FCP, it disables the ability to use a virtual render. As a workaround, I was exporting files to quicktime. At this point, all was well and I could even see the markers in QT. However, when importing the quicktime file back to compressor in order to bypass the virtual render bug, the markers were no longer present. However, I figured out that (despite choosing the show ALL markers option), you must insert "chapter" markers or compressor will not recognize them once they have gone through that long detour via quick time. To answer your question, I was using compressor to change the format of a video file for preview on a different system at a local high school. *idea*... how about a "known bugs" thread like the one for Logic? Also, on a side note...I'm going back to school, Rounik, courtesy of my employers wallet. I will be focusing on visual media within the scope of Computer science/IT. Perhaps one of these days I can be the multi-dimensional guru you are and be a more consistant contributor!!! Educational discounts, here I come...lol Best wishes to all over the holidays :-)
  • Rounik Admin
    Ahhh.. I see! Known Bugs thread, eh... Sure, if you'd like to start a new thread called "Known Bugs in Final Cut" or something similar then I'll make it into a sticky. Sounds like you have a great employer and a very interesting course too! What's the name of the 'school'? I hope you'll have time to continue posting here and sharing your knowledge and experience. Have a great holiday Steve :) Rounik
  • Stevesaxman
    Hey Rounik, The school is Miami University in Ohio. Its where I went to school a million years ago as a music major. As far as posting, I intend on getting back to where I was 8 months ago...everyday:-) I recently purchased a home and so my internet has been non-existant, but that is all changing on Sunday!!! Hooray!!! I'll work on getting some ideas together for the Final Cut thread along with any solutions that I am aware of. Let's see.....moderator, blogger, educator, musician, all-around-nice guy....You're not Santa Claus too are you??? Happy Holidays my cyber-friend!!! Steve
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Steve! Thanks!... and it certainly sounds exciting too. Hope you enjoy it... and learn lots too. btw... My head has gotten so big after reading your comments I can't fit through the doorway ;-) Happy Holidays to you too - and happy New Home :) Best Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: