macProVideo.com
Forums
  • FC Express
    File size too large
    I am using Final Cut Express. I have a video that is about 35 minutes in length and exported the file using quicktime conversion. I am not sure what the file size was when I first exported. But I made a change on an audio level and resized a picture for less zoom then exported again and now my file size is too big.( over 4G) I need it smaller to fit on a DVD with other movie files. I have tried changing different settings and it will change slightly but still over 4G. How can I get this file back to a reasonable size?(2G)
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: File size too large
    Hi FC Express, What export settings are you currently using? Are you trying to put it on a data DVD to be read via a Computer... or are you trying to make a video-DVD which can be played back in a DVD player on a TV for example? Thanks Rounik
  • FC Express
    I am using quicktime conversion - default settings - quicktime movie format - on a DVD+R. I have used this before and not had a problem. I decided to make and audio adjustment and decrease the scale of one frame and the file size doubled? This should be able to be viewed on either a computer or DVD player!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi! Excuse the delay in getting back to you... Right in order to create a DVD-Video disc you'll need to export the sequence from FCE for DVD-video spec - which is basically SD (standard definition) and MPEG-2. Choose File > Export > Quicktime movie Make sure 'Current settings" is selected. Check the 'Make movie self contained' box. Now export. Yes, it'll be a big file, but quality should be as good as the sequence itself. Now open iDVD and choose your desired theme - create your DVD and drag in the exported movie file. ALternatively, you can export it to MPEG-2 straight from Final Cut... and then drag it into iDVD or similar application in order to create a DVD-video. Hope this helps Rounik
  • FC Express
    My original file was about or less than 2.5G and by changing an audio level it's going to double my file size??
  • Rounik Admin
    What are the settings of your original footage? What are your sequence settings in Final Cut? Have you tried exporting to MPEG-2 (which is needed at some point in order to burned to DVD-Video spec? Thanks R
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: