macProVideo.com
Forums
  • drDave
    iMovie to Final Cut Pro
    Hello, I've been having a lot of fun with iMovie since watching MPV's tutorials, and have acquired and am starting to learn FCP, but am a complete novice. I moved an event from iMovie to FCP's browser via "File / Import / Folder" command in FCP. Also, I experimented with moving an iMovie project into FCP via "Window / Export Final Cut XML" command in iMovie. The clips and project work as expected in FCP, however, no longer work in iMovie. - The still frames are still visible and the sound plays fine, but the video is missing, replaced by a black void. Now I need to finish a project I am working on, but don't know enough about FCP to get the results I need, so want to finish up with iMovie. I did "Render" something in FCP at some point to get things going. Any advice? I'm learning quickly thanks to MPV, but am feeling overwhelmed - compression, rendering, HD format, import & capture options, indexing... such greek to me. Thank you in advance, Dr D.
  • drDave
    Re: iMovie to Final Cut Pro
    Hello, tried to solve this issue several ways, then gave up and restored the original versions of the files from Time Machine. Everything works smoothly now, in both programs, however, it cost me some some hard disk space. Oh well, no biggie. I guess the lesson here is; Back up = good. Thanks anyways, Dave.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: iMovie to Final Cut Pro
    Hey Dr D. Glad you solved it. Yup, can't emphasise how important backing up is!! :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: