macProVideo.com
Forums
  • pismomom
    master templates and final cut express
    I have Final Cut Express 4.0.1 - best I could do on my budget. It doesn't have any master templates buttons, menus, or files. Can I download master template files online and somehow use them? Any advice? Thank you!!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: master templates and final cut express
    Hi pismomom, Welcome to the MPV forums. Final Cut Pro doesn't come with many templates... in fact all the templates are part of the other applications that come bundled with Final Cut Studio. e.g. Motion, Compressor, Soundtrack Pro. Not sure what you mean by "buttons" and "menus" that are missing... Can you not see the menus in the Menu Bar of Final Cut Express? Thanks R
  • pismomom
    Thank you for the help. The newer version of Final Cut Pro I use at school has menu commands for dealing with master templates. The Final Cut Express program I use at home (all I could afford), doesn't have any menu items for working with master templates. I have played with them a little and was wondering if I could just import the files and use them from the project part of the browser instead of the effects part where they are stored. My aunt and I work together and she got a bigger computer that can run the bigger programs. I can open the ones that came with the program in her computer and have shown her where they are and how to play with them. My textbook, The Focal Easy Guide To Final Cut Pro 7, has a website where apple has templates stored. I think I'll just see if I can download a limited few and they'll work or not... courage!! :D
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi pismomom, I see. Of course, you're correct FCP has templates. Don't know if these templates will work in FCE. Perhaps this is one of the features not included in Express? Would be interested to know what you find out. Cheers R
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: