macProVideo.com
Forums
  • odbodd
    Importing .mov files to Final Cut Express 4
    I am a relatively inexperienced Final Cut Express 4 user. I have been given several video files and I believe they where originally intended for use in Final Cut Pro. The files are all .mov files but seem to have different codecs hdv3 and MPEG-2 When importing into FCE I get the audio track but "codec could not be opened" is displayed in the viewer. Is there a converter I can use? I have tried MPEG streamclip but again audio with no visual. Also, if there is a converter what is the best format to convert them to to avoid loss of quality. Thanks
  • Hisham
    Re: Importing .mov files to Final Cut Express 4
    one thing you may want to test is open them all in QuickTime Player and check if there is sound first. Then check your sequence settings, import each file separately and check the sound is there. Match each sequence setting with original format. You can then export these sequences to any unified format if you like. FCP will do that automatically, but am not sure about FCE. But follow the steps above and see how you go.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: