macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Cejunee
    MP4 Footage
    I am running Final Cut Pro v 7.0 on an iMac with OSX 10.6.6 I am trying to import footage so that i can edit it. The footage was taken on a Sony XL2 camera. Each clip is in a folder with several files: .BIM, .XML, .PPN, .SMI, and .mp4. I can't get Final Cut to read it or import it so that I can edit it. To import i went to File, Import file, and chose each of the files in the folder for the clips. None of them work. PLEASE HELP!! I am on a deadline.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: MP4 Footage
    Hi Scott, I can;t find references to a "Sony XL2" camera. Do you mean a Canon XL2? As you are on a deadline... rather than troubleshoot every small detail, have you tried importing the footage directly into iMovie on your Mac and then finding the footage in yout Movies/ folder and transferring it to Final Cut? That could be a useful workaround in this situation. Thanks Rounik
  • Cejunee
    Thanks. Yes, it was a Canon XL2, but iMovie could not import the files either.The actual files (which were previously downloaded to the computer) were grayed out and I got a message that were no importable files. Since I am out of time, I purchased a program called Wondershare that can convert the files into a readable format. $40, but it works.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hmmm... so perhaps this is an archive of the Canon XL2 footage... which wasn't originally captured in a standard way... Did you try using iMovie's Import > Archive and then selecting the parent folder (enclosing folder) and NOT the files? Also, if it's in m4v format it sounds like it had already been compressed in some way. Do you know how it had been captured / imported? Anyway, glad you found a way to use the footage. Cheers R
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: