macProVideo.com
Forums
  • llear
    Output for Logic Pro
    Anyone have a compressor presset or dropplet. I need to send video to my buddie in NYC. We both have Logic and I have video i need to send him. Can anyone reccomend a setting to output my video so it can be imported into logic on another computer. I will upload to cloud or through iChat so can't be to big but would like it to look as clean as possible. As you can tell I am [b]new[/b] to FCP and I have to hit the ground running. Thanks in advance.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Output for Logic Pro
    Hi llear, Use the Export option from the File menu and choose an H.264 codec. How long is the video? What size is the video and what size would be acceptable for him to use? Try exporting a few different times and find the one that is a good compromise between quality, resolution and file size. :) Rounik
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi llear, Use the Export option from the File menu and choose an H.264 codec. How long is the video? What size is the video and what size would be acceptable for him to use? Try exporting a few different times and find the one that is a good compromise between quality, resolution and file size. :) Rounik
  • llear
    Thanks. Do you mean H.264 from the Quicktime conversion menu or Compressor? I would like to send 10 minutes as our project is ambient for relaxation.The files I exported were very very large. It seems Quicktime is the way to go as Logic is looking for that format I just need to get the file down to size, maybe 100meg. What is your approach?
  • Rounik Admin
    Either will work fine. Compressor is a great, great application. I'd highly recommend you check it out in the future(!) But you could use either the export to quicktime from directly within FCP or export using compressor. I'm not near FCP right now... Anyway, if you're finding FCP intimidating, then you can open the resulting large movie file in Quick Time Pro and export to a smaller size and quality. In QT Pro: 1. File > Export... 2. Click "Options" 3. Click on "Settings" and choose H.264 as the compression type. 4. Set the quality as desired... maybe medium. Set the Encoding to "faster encode". Click OK. 5. Click on 'Size'.... Choose a smaller size... e.g. if you original is 1920x1080 it's not necessary to work with a file that size in Logic. I would go down to 768x576 or so... ... but it really depends on the video you're using and how important it is for the quality to be high. 100MB is not very big at all for a 10 minute video and Logic will actually work better with video that is large (in file size) and not very highly compressed. Any Quicktime format will be readable in Logic. BTW, how large is "very very large"? Hope this helps Rounik
  • llear
    Great,thank you. Quicktime conversion works great. My video is shot @ 24p HD so I changed the size to 640x480 for export and it works fine, maybe I will try it a bit larger and less compressed. Thanks again. --Llear
  • llear
    PS. Very large was almost a gig.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: