macProVideo.com
Forums
  • BobLL
    FCE project files save to FCP files
    I'm in FCE 4.0.1 Academic. Computer also has FCP 7.0.2. When I save a project file in FCE, it saves as .fcp file. How can I save the FCE project file as a FCE file? As a work around, I put the FCP program file in the trash, and the FCE files were saved as fce files, but when I removed FCP from the trash, they immediately changed to fcp files! Is this normal, or a bug?
  • Zimmerman
    Re: FCE project files save to FCP files
    Hi there, Did you ever solve this? I am having the exact same problem. It's really weird as Final Cut Pro is not even running.
  • BobLL
    Never found a solution. Nobody, besides you, has ever responded. I think I will succumb and move to FCP, even if igt means learning a new program. They are similar, so it may not take all that long. BobLL
  • Zimmerman
    Well, I found a solution that might work for you too. In Finder click on the file while holding down the letter "i" (to get the information panel). Then change "Open With" to "Final Cut Express" and then click on the "Change All" button. This seems to have solved it. Somehow the computer had got confused with labelling the files and doing this refreshed its memory as it were. Good luck.
  • Rounik Admin
    Nice. I think you mean select the file in the Finder and hit Command-I ? Alternatively, aside form changing which program is assigned to open a file type by default (as you may wish for some projects to be opened by FCP rather than FCE)... you can drag&drop the file on top of the FCE icon in the Dock. (I do this with movie files for Quicktime X and Quicktime 7 all the time for similar reason). Cheers Rounik
  • Zimmerman
    Yes, Command-I. That's what I meant.
  • BobLL
    I'll give it a try when I get back to the project. Many thnks! BobLL
  • BobLL
    I checked this out, and it worked. Many thanks! BobLL
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: